Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I think I'm really getting tired of my own company. Dwayne has been gone to deer camp for the past week and while I've enjoyed not cooking and cleaning, I am getting bored. You can only watch so much TV and read so many books before you start going stir crazy. I think I'm there.
Saturday:
Kate fixed an early Thanksgiving Dinner at 5 p.m. Only I thought it was at noon. I rushed around to bake my pie and get ready and got there closer to 12:30. I thought I was running super late-no, I was early!! Went back home and finished my book. Most of the family was there and we had a great meal. I stayed to help Kate clean up and MacKensie, Ashlyne and Liz put on a fashion show for us. They dressed in Kayla's old prom dresses and it was quite the show they put on. Elizabeth is such a little character and can make you laugh at her antics. Lizzy came home with me and spent the night.
Sunday:
Liz and I went to church and then to Mom's for Sunday dinner. This is the first dinner Mom has done for several months as we used to go every Sunday. After the first of the year I think we will take turns once a month to have dinner and give Mom a break. But what wonderful memories we've had through the years. Dad used to play Wa Hoo with the kids and after they got a pool the kids usually swam all afternoon.
I am trying to continue this tradition with my kids for a Sunday evening meal. Not too much luck on getting everyone there yet.
Thankful deer season is over and no one got hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment