Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I had all of my work done so John told me to go ahead and leave early. It was such a beautiful day I took a short drive around the countryside. After supper Mom and I went to a bridal shower at Spring Creek Baptist Church. We used to go to church there and it was so nice visiting with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Ashley received a wide variety of gifts and a handmade cedar chest from her uncle. We had a great time.
Saturday:
The day was so beautiful I didn't know what I wanted to do first. I was like a kid in a candy shop, too many choices. I washed windows for awhile, picked up items out of the yard to put in the garage, but mainly I just wondered around doing nothing. Kenny, Shelley, Blake and Nathan came in the afternoon for April to take pictures. We enjoyed the kids and the big kid that Dwayne is played in the leaves with Blake. I will have to post a picture when I get it. Blake kept wanting to build a house with a window out of the leaves. We couldn't figure out how to do that but that's what he was trying to do. So cute!
Sunday:

Went to church, we had a large crowd in attendance. I picked up lunch from the grocery store and we ate on the porch. Not many days you can eat outside in November. We had my Dad's birthday party at Broadway Baptist Church in the afternoon. Dad had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends. A few people brought old pictures to share. Lloyd Terry came and brought Mom and Dad straw hats. Lloyd and Dad had quite a time telling stories. They were still at it after everyone left.
Fixed chili and grilled cheese for supper. There was only me, Dwayne and April to eat. I had fixed a custard pie for dessert. Chad loves custard pie and has ate a whole pie before. Since he didn't show up we almost finished it off. I'll have to bake another one tonight for him.
I am so grateful to still have my parents and in relatively good health. I cherish the memories more each day.

2 comments:

  1. We all enjoyed coming over on Saturday as well. I will email you a couple pictures this week.

    Oh I am sure that Lloyd could talk for days and never repeat the same thing twice, but he is always full of interesting stories from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He and Dad are quite the pair! When I left they were still talking and there was no one else there but Mom and Katie.

    ReplyDelete