Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
A busy day at work. April didn't go out Friday night so she watched TV with me and Dwayne.
Saturday:
We had a Feeler Family Reunion at Salem Avenue Baptist Church in Rolla. Along with the food, we had a nice visit with relatives we only see once a year. My Uncle Hubert Feeler is 90 and looks great. He still goes to the sawmill every day to sharpen the blades. My great nephew, Nathan Rowe, rode home with us.
Saturday evening, Dwayne and I went into Rolla to the visitation of a lady, Helen Waldron, from the Vichy community. We thought the visitation was from 6 to 8. Apparently we were wrong as the funeral home was dark and the parking lot empty. I called Dad and he said the visitation was from 4 to 6. At least we got out of the house. We then ate at Maid Rite and went home.
Sunday:
April, Mike and I went to church and stayed for the meal afterward. We had sandwiches and two different soups. It was all very good.
I went to the funeral at two for Helen Waldron. We went to church with Helen and her husband, Harold for several years. One of the preachers from that time, Bud Sanders, officiated at the funeral. We had not seen him or his wife, Agnes for approximatley 15 years. It was good to see them again.
We spent the afternoon playing cards. April won the first game and Kate won the second.
My Sunday evening family meal is not going the way I had originally planned. I had set it up for six in the evenings, that way if the kids had plans during the day it wouldn't disrupt them. Well my boys plans do not coincide with mine. As usual, Chad was riding horses. Todd was at a squirrel fry. Luckily, Kate and Kensie had stopped by and spent the afternoon with us and I coaxed them into staying to eat. We had smoked pork loin, home made fries, corn, and green beans. I had also made molasses cookies and peach cobbler. We had a nice meal even though the boys weren't there.

Overall, I had a nice weekend, plenty of food and good visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment