Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
Not much going on, end of work week and an evening watching TV.
Saturday:
The evening was spent celebrating my great niece, Ashlyne Paige Rowe's 13th Birthday.
Ashlyne was the first baby in our family for several years. Needless to say, we all spoiled her. Ashlyne was a very high maintenance baby, always needing attention and cried alot. Until the next baby in the family came along my kids didn't know babies could be quiet and entertain themselves as Ashlyne always demanded attention.(and still does) We kept Ashlyne most weekends during her first year. We doted on her constantly which may have contributed to her wanting so much attention. Ashlyne always called me Nonnie instead of Connie. I always liked to think of the name as being similar to Nana (Grandma, Nana, I was trying. Ha!) I taught her a song when she was about a year old, much to the dismay of my family as they got tired of hearing me and Ashlyne singing it. I still make her sing it sometimes. "I love my Nonnie, oh yes I do, I love my Nonnie, Yahoo" Ashlyne has now entered the teen age years and has grown up so much in the past year. She is very tender hearted and is extremely protective of her brother, Zach. Ashlyne is the daughter of my nephew, Troy Don Rowe.
Ashlyne had a few friends over for the night and we had a great time with a wiener roast and visiting at my sister, Judy's house. (Judy is my oldest sister and the grandma of Ashlyne).
Sunday:
I went to church Sunday morning and stayed for a Pastor Parish Meeting after the services. We have a young adult taking over the leader's position for the next three years. It is so nice to have someone so talented and willing to take the position when she has so many other obligations in her life. She will do a good job.
I spent most of the afternoon cooking for our Sunday night family meal. We had pork loin, scalloped potatoes, corn, peas and homemade rolls. For dessert I made hot fudge pudding cake. That is a favorite of Chads. The family present for the meal was me, Dwayne, Todd, April and Mike, Chad and his friend Anna and her little boy, Desmon. We had a nice evening visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...you're so sweet. I'm kind of nervous about the position - I have a feeling good things might not happen during my time in it : ( Hopefully I am wrong!

    I love reading your blog - it is so great that you get to spend so much time with your family - it is so easy to lose sight of how important family is, I need to get better at spending time with mine....and your blog helps remind me of how wonderful it is to be with family.

    ReplyDelete