Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friends:

I feel very blessed by the friends I have.

Yesterday, a dear friend I go to church with came to my work and took me out to lunch. We had a nice visit. Thankfully, my boss doesn't mind my half hour lunch extended to almost two hours.

Last night we watched our friends baby while they took their older son, Blake to the circus. Nathan will be three weeks tomorrow. He is a good baby so far and we enjoyed watching him. Although when he cried I just handed him off to April. She's younger than I am. Ha! My mom always said that about me and now I'm doing the same thing to April. When I was younger I didn't really understand why my mom would say that, I always thought she could do more. Well, the joke is on me, I fully understand now! You just get plain old get worn out. When the kids were younger we went shopping together. I would carry in Mom's groceries and put them away. She would sit down to rest. I had tons of energy and couldn't figure out why she didn't help me. (and this was after shopping with three, sometimes more, kids).
I would then go home, put my groceries away, fix a big supper and still have energy left over. NOW, I get it!! It is just me and April shopping (no kids involved) and when I get home from town, I dread carrying the groceries in. Let alone putting them away!! So if you ever think you won't say something your Mom has said, think again. History does repeat itself.

I am grateful I still have my mom in my life. She is 80 years old but she does not act like it and is a great inspiration to all of her children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment