Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I worked at the flower shop and then went to Wal-Mart.  I needed to buy Chad a new Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector.   Chad had a very bad flu fire the night before.  Luckily, (thank you God) Chad woke up to the smell of smoke.  When he turned his light on, he couldn't even see in front of him.  I thank God for looking after him as if he wouldn't have woke up, he wouldn't be here.  He had a serious flu fire but was able to get it under control.  He has a lot of smoke and water damage.  The thing is, he had just put new batteries in his detectors last week and checked them and they didn't go off.  Even after the fire, he pushed the tester and it went off.  They certainly malfunctioned and almost cost him his life.  Chad's a survivor and tries to look at the positive side of things, but he certainly has a lot of bad luck.  I pray for my son to have a brighter future.
Dwayne and I went out to eat at Roadkill for supper.  Always good food.
Saturday:
I usually stay home when Dwayne goes to feed but I decided to go this week.  We went to Vichy to feed the horses and then to Vienna go buy gas and feed.  The cows really look forward to hearing Dwayne's truck come into the field.  It's fun to watch them to run and play.
Spent the ret of the day watching TV.
Sunday:
I went to church and watched the Christmas Program.  The little guys do such a good job.  I stayed for the brunch and ate with some friends.
We hung some pictures of my brother, Wayne's.  I was proud to have them on my wall.  For those who don't remember, my brother drowned three years ago.  My prized possession is a self portrait Wayne did years ago and gave me when we lived in the basement.  Wayne was an artist.
We then played rummy.  As usual, Dwayne won best two out of three.  He's such a good player.  It's rare I beat him.
Merry Christmas
 
I am very grateful for all my blessings and  especially Chad's well being.

1 comment:

  1. So glad Chad woke up! So scary! Was good to visit this weekend!

    ReplyDelete