Friday, December 22, 2017

Thank God:

Tuesday afternoon, my dad picked up a guy along the road.  There had been a burglary in the neighborhood and unbeknownst to my day, this guy was a fugitive.
Around five o'clock, no one could find my dad.  We checked all the gravel roads to no avail.  Another suspect was apprehended down the road.  We contacted the sheriff who was there about my dad missing.  It was assumed my dad was with the fugitive. 
You cannot imagine the horror and worry we felt.  Fortunately, the story has a good ending.  My Dad was found in DePaul Hospital in St. Louis.  He had been in a minor accident at the airport.  The best we can tell is the fugitive drove my Dad's van to the airport and then left Dad there.  Dad hit a shuttle bus.  God definitely was in control.  There was no way Dad could have driven on the interstate.
We are so beyond thankful for everyone's prayers and help that night.  To say we are blessed beyond measure that Dad wasn't hurt is an understatement.   We are so happy things turned out so well.

                                                           I am grateful my Dad was found safe and unharmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment