Wednesday, August 16, 2017

4th of July:

We didn't do anything over the weekend.
I started my new job on Monday, July 3rd.  The hours are really great, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4th of July:
We always go to Aunt Jessie Licklider's for the 4th.  There is always much fun, food, laughter and just plain old visiting and catching up on everyone's life.  This year we had the dinner at Jesse's son, Bryan's.  Him and Jean built a new house.  It's very nice with log beams and lots of antiques.  I like antiques but am not super big on them.  I could become an antique lover after being at their house.  They have a lot and such a variety.
Aunt Sue Elrod Morgan

Mike, me, Trevor and April

Me, Trevor and David

Dwayne and Cash

Little Miss Iva Lorraine

Reba (one of my favorite people) and Aunt Jesse

Shelley, my favorite cousin, Bette Jo, Tom and Penny
We had a good time and was nice to catch up with everyone.
Afterward, we headed to the old Elrod homestead.  Jim Elrod, (Dwayne's cousin) still lives there.  He had told us to come over for the 4th, they were having a pig roast.  Apparently, we misunderstood the time as no one was there.  They had it on the Saturday before.  Dwayne still had a good time looking around Elrod Landing and remembering all the fun they had there growing up.

                                                             A nice weekend and I'm grateful for a time of gathering.






No comments:

Post a Comment