Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Iva's Birthday Weekend.

We started our weekend with going to Sput's Thursday night.
Friday, Dwayne worked late on our tractor (which is very old!)
Saturday:
I went to Penney's and then on to St. James to my high school friend, Kathy Kleffner's house.  She made a couple cakes for Iva.  Kathy and I went to school together.  It was nice to visit.

Dwayne came home from the field and then we left.  Stopped in Vienna for Amanda Hutchison's baby shower.  She thought she couldn't have kids and was pleased to find out she was having a baby.  So happy for her.
We then went to Mike and April's for Iva's Birthday Part.  She enjoyed it very much.  The other kids had fun too.

















April's bench I redid for Iva.





I think I got confused transferring pictures.  Tried to remove the duplicates but couldn't get Blogger to work.
As you can tell from the pictures, we all had a very good time.
Sunday:
Went and mowed Dad's yard.  It hadn't been mowed this year and was a bit tricky getting around everything.
Came home and got ready to go to my cousin, John Williams' funeral in Cuba.  My google map took me to the wrong location and I also had the wrong church.  When I got to Faith Chapel, there was no one there.  The Regional Record on the radio had said Faith Chapel.  It wasn't, it was at Deer Creek.  Needless to say, I missed the funeral.  I really hate that, John and I had become close in the last few years.
While I was in Cuba, I thought I'd go visit an old friend of mine from working together at Head Start, Barbara Stringer.  We had such a good time working, the laughter overflowed constantly.  Some people thought we didn't do our work because we had so much fun.  Wasn't the case, we did our jobs.  It was so good to see Barb.  We picked up right where we left off.  I automatically called Barb when my brother drowned three years ago.  Miss the good old days.
I am so grateful for my little granddaughter and visiting with an old (not as in old in age) friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment