Friday, June 2, 2017

Iva Lorraine Holtmeyer:

Iva Lorraine Holtmeyer 8 lbs. 7 oz.

This is the picture I received when Iva was born.  I responded with, "Oh my gosh are you kidding me? I'm crying".


I was so happy April had a little girl.  April and I have such a good relationship, I wanted April to enjoy having a daughter.
Iva is my Mom's middle name.  April had just found out she was pregnant the week Momma was dying and was keeping it a secret.  I had just found out that day as April came over to visit.  April whispered to Mom she was pregnant and if it was a girl, her name would be Iva.  Later in the day, Mom said there is a baby named Iva.  My sister Judy said, no Mom we don't have any babies named Iva.  I like to think Momma knew it would be a girl.
Lorraine is Mike's grandma's name.  She also passed away in 2015.  She was very special to all  her grandkids and April really liked her.
So, Iva Lorraine is name after her great grandmothers.  What a special way to remember them.

I am so grateful we were blessed with this special little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment