Monday, January 30, 2017

January:

Not alot to post.  Still have the kids and Dad over for supper every other week.
Now that Dwayne is laid off, we've gone back to our schedule of going to April's every Wednesday.  Sure do love those visits.
Dad gets so lonely.  He comes down to visit a lot more.  Sometimes twice in one day.  He ate supper with us last night.
The most "excitement" I've had is redoing our guest bathroom.  It's rather small so you would think it's no big deal.  Wrong!  Dwayne took the trim and fixtures out.  Removed the toilet stool and sink.  Found a small hole in the water line and had to go to the basement and remove sheet rock to fix line.
He's not too happy of a camper.  He wasn't in favor of me redoing the bathroom in the first place.  First, I thought (stupid of me) I would just rehang the wallpaper over the old.  Well, duh!  That doesn't work.  So I spent Saturday evening and Sunday evening stripping wallpaper.  Now Dwayne says it needs to be painted first as the sizing I put on years ago is not any good.  I'm good at wallpapering but now I have my doubts.  I kind of need Dwayne to help me hold up the wallpaper as I line it up but he said he doesn't deal with wallpaper.  I've dug myself into a big mess.  Hopefully, this coming Saturday I can get it done.  It will look nice once it's done.  Even Chad didn't want me to change it.  He's like, "it's the only room in the house that's original".  lol  Told him April's room hasn't changed.  The kids want the house the same as when they grew up.  I need to update from time to time.

I am grateful to have a house/home the kids want to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment