Thursday, November 3, 2016

Weekend:

Friday:
The 28th was the anniversary date of Mom's death.  We took Dad out to eat at the Vichy Wye Cafe.
Russ lives too far away to make it.  We had a good time visiting.  It was a bittersweet day.
Me, Judy, Dad and Katie

Saturday:
I started two years ago refinishing my front door on the outside.  I have to use a gel stain as the door is fiberglass.  I had the time and thought Saturday would be perfect as it was so nice out.  Wrong!!  It was a little windy or at least I'm blaming it on the wind........  One you apply the gel stain, you have a short period of time to move the stain about.  I was having a hard time with it but thought it looked ok-until the next day when I saw it.  It is horrible!!   You can see the brush marks and there is excess in some areas.  Pretty frustrated with it.  Not sure if I should try to touch it up or just paint the door.
Dwayne worked on the rental house hauling trash all day.  Ugh, frustrating!
Sunday:
Worked at home and then went and cleaned some on the rental.

I am grateful we were together for Dad on Friday and that overall it was a good evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment