Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Dwayne went to deer camp and I went to Wal-Mart to buy my Thanksgiving groceries.  I had a list but still missed some items.  Darn it!
Saturday:
I went up to the rental house to clean the bathrooms.  It took me about one and a half hour on each bathroom.  Don't understand how people can live like that.
Tried to take a nap in the late afternoon but Dwayne came in and woke me up.  Drats!!
 I was snoozing away.  I'm posting alot of pictures of deer camp.  This is my journal of life and each year I have it printed into a book.
Todd, Michelle, Chad
Dwayne, Braeden, Andy, Chad, Todd
My boys, Chad and Todd
Old cabin...
...makes a natural tree stand
                                                                         Chad
Braeden and Desmon
My hubby
Dwayne, Desmon
Cookout, wood stump seats
Chris Roberts
Steven, Tim, Andy, Todd
Andy
Sleeping Quarters
The whole gang

Not sure what Dwayne was telling Chad, but must have been funny.

The guys have so much fun at deer camp.  Chad said it's not like it used to be.  Now wives and girlfriends come down and it's just not the same.  Sometimes we don't like changes.  (me, for one)

Sunday:
My family grew up going to Spring Creek Baptist Church.  It used to be an old country church a few miles from our house.  Now it has more than doubled in size.  Sunday, November 20th, they had a 125 year dedication.  All former members were invited.  Dad and I went.Kate, Paulie and McKenzie also went.  They did a presentation on several pastors though out the years.   They had a catered meal from Missouri Hick Barbecue.  Very good.

 After I dropped Dad off, I went to St. Elizabeth.  Iva is such a happy baby and now lets you hold her instead of just her Momma.  (She still keeps an eye on April, though)  Cash was asleep when I got there and he woke up roaring like a dinosaur.  We played for awhile and had a make-shift tea party.  April decided to do Christmas pictures of the kids while I was there.  Iva was all smiles and loved rocking in the rocking chair.  Cash wouldn't have any of it.  He cried because we were going to take pictures, he cried because he had to change clothes.  Basically, he was just being a little ornery.  That's where the tea party came in.  I told him we'd have a tea party if he would be good for April to take pictures.  He said okay.  Worked like a charm.  But by then Iva was having none of it.  April decided she'd wait until another day to get pictures done.  She got some really good ones of Iva by herself.
Miss Personality
Something was funny.

I had a great time visiting these little guys.  Loved going over there.  Worth the forty-five minute drive.
Spent the evening watching TV with Dwayne.  He plans on going to work Monday.  We shall see.  It's only been two weeks since his double knee surgery.

I am grateful for the many memories made this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment