Saturday, October 1, 2016

Weekend Update:

Friday:
I ordered pizza and the we spent the evening installing the new washer and dryer.  I'm not too good rolling the dolly around anymore.
Saturday:
Both Dwayne and I had to work.  I only work until noon on Saturdays so it gave me time to go get groceries.  I was so tired, I laid down to take a nap.  Sleeping very peacefully until Dwayne came in with Desmon and Braiden.  Two hungry boys makes alot of noise.
Saturday evening, we met across from Mom and Dad's to start out our hayride.  Chad had his horse n buggy there but I can't get the picture to upload.  It looked real cute as he took a tarp and had it looking like a covered wagon.  I rode with Chad the first half of the trip.  At first I was a little nervous but soon got over that.  The buggy really rides quite smooth.  Much smoother than the rough hay ride.
Dwayne roasting hot dogs.
We had over twenty-one on the hayride and several more for the bonfire.  What a good night.
Sunday:
We usually make molasses the first weekend of October.  As you can see from the very small pile of cane, we didn't have enough to make this year.
Cash and Isaiah


Desmon
Uncle Todd and Iva
Grandpa Great, Jayce and Cody

Dad and Cody's baby, Jayce
It is a great honor to have a picture taken with Grandpa Great.

Cody, Jayce, Dustin and Noah

Proud Uncles
 Uncle Dustin and Jayce

Uncle Andy
Grandpa David and Jayce

Uncle Cody with Noah

Several extended family attended.  We had a good time sitting around reminencing about the past molasses makings.,  This marks the 38th year.

Still tired, came home and took a three hour nap.  Even with getting up at 7:30 p.m. I was ready for bed at ten.

I'm grateful for these family traditions.  It seems each year comes around more often, but precious memories they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment