Thursday, May 26, 2016

Physical Therapy:

I only go once a week.  I don't think I really need it as I'm using the chair for exercise, but doctor and insurance say otherwise.
You should have seen me trying to drive to Jeff for my checkup the week after surgery.  First, I couldn't shut the door with my left arm.  Then I had to move the seat up, couldn't do that either.  Had to get out and move the seat, then reach over to try and shut the door.  I had my shoulder cuff on and it was just in the way.  Had to take it off to put my seat belt on and then driving-oh, my that was difficult the cuff would rub the steering wheel and I had to really watch it with driving.  I stopped in Vienna to get gas.  Same run around trying to get in, etc.  I could barely turn the steering wheel to make a hard right.  Pulled over and took off the cuff, felt it would be safer that way.  Doctor's appointment went well.  He said I was healing good and my movement range was really good.  (I give all the credit to my chair)  The trip home, I treated myself to a strawberry shake from Dairy Queen.  Love those!!  No way I could drive, drink and handle the cuff.  Off went the cuff again.  What a trip, I was so glad to get home.

I am grateful for a safe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment