Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Ended the work week by going to visit Dad.  Dwayne is back to deer camp so it was cereal for supper.  I could live on cereal.  When I got home, Lizzy called to see if she could come over.  We watched TV and then I fell asleep.  Poor Lizzy, she had to wait up for her Dad by herself.
Saturday:
I had to work half a day.  Didn't do much around the house in the afternoon.  Nathan came over that night to watch TV.
Sunday:
I woke up with my joints hurting so I didn't go to church.  I rested until late afternoon then went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Monday:
I kind of had a rough day thinking about Mom.  That night I was getting ready to go to prayer meeting at Dad's house.  I got out my old Bible.  I open it up and out falls a card.  I open it and it's one Mom had given me years ago.  The first thing I saw was, Love, Mom.  I don't know if there is a heavenly connection to us her on earth or not, but I do know if was just what I needed.  It was as if Mom was saying, it's okay, you'll be alright.  Very comforting.
We didn't have too many at our prayer meeting.  Afterwards, Judy, Lizzy and Nathan came down and we worked on Thank You cards.  We're a little late on getting these done.

I'm grateful for my great niece, Lizzy and great nephew, Nathan for spending time with me.  I'm afraid they will "outgrow" me before long.

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe that card falling out of the Bible was a sign from your Mom....Hoping for peace and comfort for you!

    ReplyDelete