Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Deer Season is tomorrow.  As if that's the most important thing in the world to my husband.  He frantically got all his stuff together to head to deer camp.  He deserves the vacation as he works so hard and has to drive two hours to work each day.
They all have fun at deer camp.  It's almost sacred ground.  I just don't get it.  Dwayne gets so excited to see deer along the highway.  I'm secretly thinking, yeah a deer, we just saw one last night too.  We have some deer that has been in our yard and staying on the hill above the house.  I do admit I like seeing them when I get home from work, but I'm not yelling about it.
Saturday:
I went to April's and we went to Jefferson City to do some shopping.  We got lost going to the furniture store but finally made it after many twists and turns. April ordered a new bedroom set.  I watched Cash while she was filling out paperwork and looking.  I thought Cash would run wild, but he was really good.  He was fascianated with all the furniture and decorations.  We then went to the Mall to shop.  We ate at a Japanese restaurant.  It was really good.  Cash even liked it.  A couple more stops and we were ready to head home.  I stayed at April's for awhile to visit.  I'm not the best night driver but I know the road going to St. Elizabeth pretty good and don't have a problem.
Sunday:
I went to church and then to Dad's for a visit.  He really seems to be doing good.  I left and went to Rolla for a little Christmas shopping and then the dreaded grocery shopping.  On home to an evening of watching TV by myself.
Monday:
Typical work day.
When Mom passed away, my nephew, Wayne want the family to start a prayer meeting group on Monday nights.  It starts at six.  I didn't go as Dwayne doesn't get home until about 5:45 and not always having supper ready I would have been too late.  Judy called me around 6 o'clock Monday evening and asked if I was coming.  I told her no, I still needed to eat and clean the kitchen.  After I got off the phone, Dwayne asked why I wasn't going.  I told him I still had too much to do.  He kindly offered to clean the kitchen for me.  I went to the meeting.  It went good.  I kind of have mixed feelings about it and I don't know why.

I am grateful for the times spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment