Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Mom was having a bad day.  Went up and fixed their lunch and spent time with them.  Then home, fast shower and headed to Wal-Mart to buy groceries I don't buy weekly.  I splurged and bought a new coffee pot.  Hopefully, this one will brew coffee a lot faster.
Dwayne and I went to The Road Kill Grill for supper.  Their barbecue is very good.  I don't know why we don't go more often as it's just a few miles from the house.
Saturday:
Dwayne and I set off for Table Rock Lake.  My brother, Russ and his wife came up from Springfield to stay with Mom and Dad.  It was so nice to get away and not worry about things at home.
A quick stop at St. Roberts to eat at Cracker Barrel.  Gene Allhands, a salesman at Black Gold and just a good ole' country boy gave me a gift certificate at Christmas and we're just now getting around to using it.
We were going to visit Dwayne's cousin, Bette Jo and her husband, Tom.  We try to go down every year around Dwayne's birthday.  Last year we couldn't make it as Dwayne was working overtime.
Tom and Bette are great hosts.  Dwayne and Tom went to the boat slip and picked up the boat and drove down to their house.  Bette Jo said we would drive down to the lake's edge as it was quite a walk back up the rather steep hill.  I later learned that was a very wise decision.  I love to boat ride and could ride almost all day; so relaxing.  We had a great afternoon and it was almost seven when we got back.  Sun and heat get to me with my Lupus and I was exhausted.  I could barely walk the short distance to Bette Jo's vehicle and get in let alone if we had had to walk up the steep hill.  It seemed forever before I could catch my breath.  I've been using the treadmill more but I still get out of breath easily.  We had a late meal which Bette Jo had prepared ahead of time.  Watched TV and visited.
I guess the heat and sun were too much for me.  I was sick and up several times during the night.  Needless to say, I was tired Sunday morning.  I didn't realize how tired I was until I fell asleep while visiting after breakfast.
Dwayne had totally surprised me on the way down as he had remembered the directions from two years ago.  Dwayne has been know to get lost easily.  I watched the hilly and pretty scenery for awhile and then slept until we got to Rolla.
Stopped and ate at Maid-Rites then home to leave yet again.  Dwayne messed the bumper up on his truck and we had to take it to Todd Schoene's to get it fixed.  We stopped by Mom and Dad's and visited awhile.  They had a good weekend with Russ and Shannon.  Mom seemed to be doing much better. 
Finally, we were home to relax for the rest of the evening.

I am so grateful for Dwayne's family.  They have all been so nice to me and welcomed me into the Elrod family.  Dwayne sometimes joke they like me the most and he's just the tag along.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment