Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mom and Dad:

Monday:
Mom was feeling much better but Dad was totally worn out.  I went up to set out lunch and Dad didn't even know I was there as he was in such a deep sleep.
My sister, Kate set up a facebook page for people to sign up a time to bring a meal to Mom and Dad.
This has worked out well.  There is usually enough for two meals.
Tuesday:
When I spoke to Mom, she said there was a lady there from church who had brought them lunch.
Since I didn't need to go up, I decided to go on a drive.  I had to go to the bank and post office anyway.  I took Hwy V to N, then 28 down to E highway.  I hadn't been to the Hayden area for ages.  I had forgot just how long of a road it was.  If only E highway on the west side of the river, we could cross over to Hwy E on the east side where we live.  Years ago, there was a ferry that went across.  Mom said the last time she went on the ferry was when she was pregnant with me.  I've heard Mom and Dad talk about the ferry quite a bit.  I was a nice drive but I was ready to get back on "my" side of the river.  lol
Stopped by to visit Mom and Dad and then home to start supper.   Chad stopped by after work.  It's always nice to have the kids stop by.  No matter their age, they have their Momma's heart.
A nice evening watching TV and then off to bed.  So far, this week has been a lot easier.

I am grateful for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment