Saturday, April 4, 2015

Visiting:

Monday:
One of the benefits of Chad working for himself is he sometimes has the freedom to stop by for a visit during the day.  Around 11 a.m. was one of those visits.  I cherish this time with my oldest son. And as always, it ends with a hug and a I love you.  Both Chad and Todd always hug me before they leave.
It's funny that April was always attached at the hip and our bond is very close, but she never hugs us good bye.  She's a little more reserved now like her Grandma Dodie.  But we know she loves us very much and shows it in numerous ways.
My afternoon consisted of taking Dad to the nursing home to see Mom.  It's so much easier now that she is in a brand new facility and more care given.
The evening visitors were Nathan and Liz.  I think I'm pretty boring, but they come and visit us one night a week.  Lizzy is my little side-kick now that April is grown.


The rest of the week continued with afternoon visits to see Mom.  Dad and I usually take a drive on the way home and on back roads we haven't been on in years.

Friday:
Took Mom to the doctor for an x-ray.  Mom was so certain she was going to get to go home that day.  I didn't see how it was possible as she's not suppose to put any weight on her left foot for another two weeks.
I am definitely not as strong as I used to be.  The aide loaded Mom into the car and then a very nice man unloaded her at the doctor's office.  I don't know what I would have done without them.
The x-ray showed the bones are healing great and the doctor said she could come home in a couple weeks.  She is so thrilled.
I worry about what it will be like when she comes home.  She has been falling a lot the past year and now with this setback I'm not sure how well she'll be able to walk.  I just hope she doesn't continue to fall.

Although I feel stressed at times and it breaks my day up every day, I am thankful for this time spent with Mom and Dad.  For those that know my Dad, he tells stories of his life (over and over again) he still comes up with some new ones now and then.  People say I don't know how lucky I am to still have my parents.  I do know and I very much appreciate them.  I'm grateful for loving parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment