Monday, November 25, 2013

Very Busy Weekend:

Friday:
Lizzy came over to watch TV and she kept me entertained, as usual.  lol

Saturday:
Chad brought Desmon over for the day so he could go deer hunting.  Dwayne came in from hunting for awhile as April was bringing Cash over for a few hours.
                  Dwayne and Desmon watching cartoons:

April brought Cash over so she could go get her hair done.  This brought several visitors to the house to see Cash.
 
Grandpa Great and Cash:
 
Ashlyne and Cash:
 
Aunt Judy wrestling with Desmon:
 
April and Cash napping:
 
Desmon taking pictures-caught us being lazy:
 
Desmon took a picture of April and Mike on the
cover of  their wedding album.  He said I
had to include it. 

Mom and Dad came down to see the baby and stayed quite awhile.   Then Judy, Ashlyne and Lizzy came over.  Desmon loved playing with the baby before we got company but after the company came he got jealous or something as he was a little rambunctious and I had to reprimand him often.  Overall, the morning of company was very enjoyable as we don't get company often anymore.
After everyone left, Desmon was just fine.  He went back to playing around Cash and giving him attention the same as earlier.  I guess everyone interfered with his time with Cash.
April stayed for awhile in the afternoon and we had a good visit.  She left before Chad got there to pick Desmon up.
After a full day, I enjoyed the evening relaxing and watching TV.

Sunday:
The day started off with Dwayne and Todd coming by to get stocked up on groceries for deer camp and to fill the wood furnace up for me.  Todd even said he loved me as they were leaving.  This is rare for Todd and just made my day.
I went to church; we had a very good service.  I then stopped and bought groceries.
Mid-afternoon, I went to Vichy for a Memorial Service for a friend, Cheryl Tipton, who passed away from lupus.  Cheri has had some rough years.  It was a very emotional service.  It was nice to see friends I hadn't seen in years.
I then went to Rolla to J.C.Penney's to buy a purse.  I have needed one (yes, needed not just wanted) for quite some time.   I bought a nice purse but I'm going to take it back after work today.  It's just too big.
I stopped at Hallmark to buy a card for my Aunt Geri Williams who was in the hospital.  I was close to where my nephew, R.J. lives and as I pulled out of the parking lot, I thought since he is on your mind so much you should just go see him.   I'm so glad I did.  He's doing so much better and we had a wonderful visit.  I plan on doing that more often.  Life is just too short for family not to get together more often.
I left there and headed to the hospital to see Aunt Geri.  To my surprise, she had been dismissed that morning.  I decided to go visit her but didn't know her house number.  I called Mom to get it but she couldn't find her phone book.  Now what?  I then called Judy and she looked it up.  My night vision isn't the greatest but I did manage to find her house number (as I was at the end of Harvey Lane and was turning around in a driveway-happened to be hers).  I had a good visit with Aunt Geri, my cousin Glenda and her husband Eddie and his Mom.  We reminisced about a lot of our childhood memories and times spent together.
After a full day away from home, I watched a little TV and headed to bed.

I am grateful for my family and friends and the time spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment