Monday, August 26, 2013

Wonderful Weekend:

Friday:
Nathan and Liz came over for the evening.  Dwayne was in the hayfield so we decided to go for a drive.  We went down to the Gasconade River at Nagogami to see the results from the flood.  They have a lot cleaned up already but you could still see a lot of the devastation.  Especially to one cabin that is a friend of Todd's.  I think if I was him, I would call it quits this time.
Saturday:
April and I had one of our last big shopping trips before the baby is born.  We went to Manchester.  Love going there, so many shops we like all on one stretch of road.  We tried out a children's consignment shop a friend of ours had told us about.  It was overwhelming as they had so much.  But it was all organized and neatly set out.  If we knew the gender it would really be a good place to shop.  I bought one cute little shirt for a boy.
As we were leaving, we noticed a thrift shop just up the street.  We decided to try it.  When we first went it we didn't see much we needed.  Then we stumbled across a couple rows of baby clothes.  The prices were super cheap, .79 and .99.  We were so used to seeing these price when we saw something for 1.48, we thought it was too expensive.  lol  I bought several things, mainly little jeans as both can wear jeans.
When we went to checkout April noticed a sign on the door stating 50% off on Saturday.  My huge sack of clothes cost $9.80.  April was at another checkout and hers had come to $79, she said something to the lady and she said she forgot to take off the 50% and it now came to $44.60.  I said that can't be right, especially as April had bought less than I had.  She had rang some of the items as 9.99 instead of .99.  We got some really cute stuff.  Will definitely be a stop to make next time.
The store our friend told us about has specials occasionally when you can fill a bag for $5.00.  Kathy's daughter, Mindy has bought most of her kids clothes there.  The thing is, it's a closely regarded secret just which days those are.  Mindy used to work as a nurse in St. Louis and could find out the day.  Unfortunately, Mindy has now moved to Kentucky so our "leak" to the specials can't keep us informed anymore.
Another store we like is BuyBuyBaby.  Worked out good as April had a 20% coupon and was able to get Mike's car seat for his truck at a good price.
After stopping at AppleBees, we went to Target and then headed to Labodie to see Dwayne's cousin Bill and his wife Lynn.  Bill had called Thursday evening to say they were having a barbecue and a band.  I told him I already had plans with April in going to Manchester.  He said we were close to his neighborhood.  I looked up the directions on the internet and it was only one turn off Hwy 100 on T and then on to his house on Maple Lane.  Pretty country and didn't take long to get there.  We had a good time visiting with Bill, Lynn and Bill's daughter Sarah.  It was still to early for the party but worked great as we  enjoyed the visit with just them.
We then headed to Sullivan to Wal-Marts.  It's always fun to try out different Wal-Marts and you really do see a different collection of clothing and items.
Then on to Rolla to K-Mart.  Finished out the trip by stopping by Dairy Queen for milkshakes.  We got to the house around nine.  A long day and April's body showed it.  She was so swollen, not just her ankles but legs and hands.  She looked miserable.  Didn't help she fell while going down the front steps but was able to catch herself by landing on her knees.  One knee was a little banged up.
Overall a great day.
Sunday:
I went to church and when I got home Chad and Desmon were there.  Dwayne was once again in the hay field.  They were watching old Loony Tunes cartoons; didn't know you could still find them on TV.  I only find the new weird ones.  We decided to head in to Rolla and eat at Maid-Rites.  I took a different road home as that's what Dad and Mom always did when I was growing up.  Chad and I were talking and I was telling some story, don't even remember what.  Desmon goes, "Miss Connie, you're always telling stories and talking too much".  I said, well maybe I take after my dad on that.  He then says, "I don't mean to hurt your feelings but you talk too much and get kind of loud".  Wow, maybe I am getting more like Dad than I thought.  lol
Not long after we got home, Todd came by.  It was nice visiting with my boys on the front porch and Desmon playing in the background.  They both stayed quite awhile.  I invited them back that evening for supper.
After they left, I went to Mom and Dad's for a visit.  My sister-in-law, Bobbi was there.  Glad she was feeling better.  She has diabetes and sometimes has extremely highs and lows.  Saturday was a high, over 400.  She was in bad shape.  She was still kind of wiped out Sunday but glad to see she was doing so much better.
Headed home to fix supper.  Chad and Desmon had went to Vienna to Kacie's but Todd came over.  We had a nice meal of baked chicken, vegetable kabobs, creamed potatoes and green beans.  I think we all overate.

This weekend is what I think life should be about.  Lots of family, lots of visiting and just being together.  I look forward to more times like this.

I am grateful for my family and the closeness we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment