Thursday, August 15, 2013

Todd:

Yeah, that's him on the left, quite the character.
Todd stopped by after work last night and stayed for supper.  Todd and Dwayne were watching TV in the basement while I was fixing supper and apparently they were having a good time.  I could hear Todd laughing so hard and for quite a while.  Must have been a funny TV show.  I told him if laughter was the best medicine, he should be well for years to come.......
Todd is such a unique person.  Has been from the beginning.  Funny, caring, very sensitive and has a temper.  I have so many funny stories from his childhood I need to share sometime.  And crying stories!  That boy could cry so much over something sad while little.
When he was around four I heard him just sobbing in his bedroom.  I went in to see what was wrong.  He's like, "I'm just so sad that Grandpa's Big Daddy died" all while sobbing to where you could barely hear him.  Where did this come from.  My grandpa died years ago on my 17th birthday, we nor anyone I know of have ever referred to grandpa as Grandpa's Big Daddy.
Todd was only three when a good friend of ours died from electrocution.  Jerry and Sally's son Cody wasn't quite two at the time.  We were coming home from Rolla one day and Todd went into his sobbing mode.  I asked what was wrong.  He said, "I'm just so sad Cody doesn't have a Daddy anymore".  Wow, talk about a sensitive caring young man aka three year old!
Todd has a big heart and even at a young age could feel other's pain.
And exaggerate!!  We went to the Smokey's when Chad was four and Todd just over two.  When we came back he told stories of sitting on a bear's lap and numerous things we didn't even do.  He talked at a young age and by two and a half memorized all our full names and birthdates.  We were in a store in Rolla around Christmas (he was two and a half) and told a person that came into the doctor's office where I worked that we were getting a brand new baby girl on April 4th.  (my Grandma's birthday, who he also knew the date of)  I was not pregnant and have no idea where he came up with this idea and to tell someone he didn't know.  This person was so excited for us and congratulated me.  I had to explain I wasn't pregnant and Todd had just came up with that.
I really need to take the time and write down some of the funny things he has came up with through the years.
He was always a Momma's boy. With Chad you could ask who's boy he was and he would change from day to day.  One day Momma's boy, the next Daddy's boy.  Not Todd!  He would always say Momma's boy.  He still is.
And to think I had plans for a daughter the second pregnancy.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he sent another son into our lives.
 
I am so grateful for this loving, funny son of ours.
 
 
(Should I mention Todd cried when April got married.  He felt like he was losing his sister.  Chad explained she only changed her last name but Todd told Chad he just didn't understand, him and April were very close.  Chad said, well she's my sister too.  Look at this way Todd, you gained another brother.  Didn't help, Todd said he just didn't like change and it wouldn't be the same ever again.  Gotta love him......)

No comments:

Post a Comment