Monday, February 27, 2012

Wonderful Weekend:


The past weekend has been full of activity and a lot of fun.
Friday:
Started the evening off with Ashlyne coming to the house. She was quite disappointed we didn't go on in to Rolla and pick Tess up but I was tired and Tony had offered to pick her up while him and Lizzy were in town. I told Ashlyne this way she got "Nonnie" and Uncle Dwayne's undivided attention!! lol That didn't go over too good but as the evening wore on I think she liked being the only one there. After supper, I asked her if she wanted to go downstairs and watch TV. To my surprise, she said no, I think I'll stay up here with Uncle Dwayne and watch a "Dwaynie" show. Since she was about two years old, she has referred to my shows as "Nonnie" shows.
Tony came by later and dropped Liz and Tess off. The girls were going to the basement to watch TV and I thought I would relax for awhile. Uh, no, they're like, aren't you coming Aunt Connie? I was a little surprised these teen-age girls still wanted their Aunt Connie to watch TV with them so decided I'd better go down. (But I did fall asleep on the couch)
Saturday:
Dressing shopping extravaganza!! Ashlyne, Tess and MacKensie are going to be candle lighters in April's wedding. Liz is going to be at the guest book. Thank goodness Liz now understands she doesn't HAVE to write everyone's name down as they come in, they can do it themselves!! She had it all planned out. What a time she is going to have-and everyone who is greeted by her. lol
Judy, Katie and MacKensie met us at Mom and Dad's and away we went. We went to April's house first so they could all see it. April has babysit them throughout the years, so it is a big deal to see where "their" April lives. Judy and Katie hadn't been over either.
We went to Jefferson City to eat lunch and on to Victoria's for the girls to try on dresses and get their size ordered. They got a sneak peak at April's dress as it was on display.
After a full day of shopping at the mall and several stores you would have thought they would be quiet on the trip home, but I underestimated teenagers. Reminded me of the many trips Katie, Kayla, April and I have taken shopping in years past.
Judy joked on the way home that not too many "girls" our age Dad lets them drive his vehicle AND gives them gas money!! Never too old to be treated by Dad and Mom's.
Zach had spent the day helping Uncle Dwayne cut wood and feed cows. I'm not sure they even missed me as I had left them a pot of chili and they could watch TV uninterrupted. I was too tired to fix supper so they got pizza rolls and a soda.
Sunday:
Another great day of family and visiting. I picked up barbecue for lunch and then we headed to Mom's around three for birthday cake and ice cream. My nephew, Troy turned the ripe old age of 34.
It was such a beautiful day out, we went for a drive and wound up at Kenny and Shelley's to see their new house. Blake wasn't there but Nathan was excited to see Dwayne and Nonna, mostly excited about seeing Dwayne and showing him his room.
We then left and stopped at Phil and Carol's for a visit. It was also Phil's birthday (58!) and their son, Jake was there. Jake turned 30 the day before.
We used to go visiting on Sundays all the time when the kids were home. I think we need to get out and do that more often.

I am most grateful for family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Connie -- I love reading about the family and the fact that I was a part of it for several years. April has grown into such a mature woman about to be married! You should have owned a big daycare...what memories you are making for all those kids you talk about. My best to you all....blessings, K.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those words. And you were a big part of our lives and extended family, also. Judy and Wayne's grandkids and also David's have played a big part of our life throughout the years. Love each and every one of them.
    We will be looking forward to seeing you and Bill on September 8th.

    ReplyDelete