Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day:




When the kids were growing up, I tried to make meals to match the holiday/occasion.
Thus, the valentine shaped meatloaf. (much easier to make than a shamrock for St. Pat's Day........lol) I had found some heart shaped serving bowls years ago at Wal-Mart. They matched the blue dishes I was using at the time. Now, they only come out on Valentine's Day.
It seemed a little odd this year to be making the Valentine meatloaf for just Dwayne and me. To make it a little more special, I got out the Blue Willow dishes Dwayne got from his Mom. They are such a pretty set and I'm always afraid I am going to chip them when I use them.
(Our mashed potatoes look to be a super small portion-they are, left overs from Sunday; milk in the wine glasses. lol)

I'm grateful for the years Dwayne and I have been together. We had just started dating in January of 1975 and he brought me flowers to work on Valentine's Day of that year. I just now remember that as I was typing this post. 37 years of celebrating Valentine's Day together. Hopefully we can double that. My Mom and Dad will be celebrating 65 years of marriage June 1st of this year.

4 comments:

  1. This is what I thought we were going to be eating last Sunday. You fooled me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meatloaf looks great! Recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart shaped meatloaf super cool idea. We weren't that creative we made red/pink heart shaped pancakes.

    ReplyDelete