Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Update:

It seems the weekend actually started last Wednesday with the opening night of the fair.

Wednesday: Dwayne and I went to the fair to watch my niece, Ashlyne, cheer in the talent show. She did a great job and her group placed second in their division. While I watched Ashlyne, Dwayne went down to the Kiddie Tractor Pull and watched our little friend, Blake. Blake was more interested in looking behind him at what he was pulling than trying to see how far he could go. He needed to check out the mechanical part of the tractor/wagon. He had a lot of fun and as he "drives" Grandpa Mitch's big tractor alot he felt right at home.
Thursday: Dwayne and I once again set out for the fair. It's unusual for Dwayne to go each night as he usually has to get up so early for work the next day. Dwayne is laid off for a few weeks so he decided to go nightly. That was a treat as I cannot remember how many years it's been since we've went to the fair every night together. Dwayne went over to the Tractor Pull and I stayed around the rides and shows to be close in case Zach or Ashlyne needed anything. They are growing up so fast! I had more freedom this year as I didn't have to keep such a close eye on them, and it helps having cell phones to keep in touch. That would have been nice when my kids were younger. I thought I just had to top off the evening with a funnel cake.

Friday: Funnel Cake.......... Well, I paid for eating that, got sick during the night, therefore I was late to work. But it sure tasted good!! Off to the fair once again with Zach and Ashlyne going along. It rained on the way over, rained almost the whole time we were there, but we did have a nice supper from the lunchstand. The kids walked around some and then we were all ready to just leave and get out of the rain. Ashlyne spent the night with a friend to be in town early the next morning to be on their cheerleading float.

Saturday: Dwayne, April, Kate and I headed off to the parade. Our family always meets on the Courthouse square to watch the parade. We had a good time visiting and watching the parade. After the parade, we went to Moreland's for lunch. We spent the afternoon resting and then picked Zach and Ashlyne up and headed back to the fair. One good thing about the fair weekend, I don't cook! We usually eat there every night. Dwayne and I, along with Kenny, Shelley, and Blake watched the Demolitian Derby and was excited to see Michael and Mat win. I'm glad we sat on the north side of the track as the ones who sat on the south side were splattered with mud. It was fun to watch the expressions on Blake's face as the cars rammed into each other. The kids were tired and actually ready to leave before we were.

Sunday: Dwayne and I went to church. We then spent the afternoon "reading". I have always loved to read so you can see me with a book most anytime. Dwayne has never been a reader. When we went to Punta Cana, I checked him out a couple books to read. (not thinking that he would actually read them, but just in case). Well, I've created a monster! He reads all the time now. April is not a reader, so it is super weird for her to come home and see both me and Dwayne sitting on the porch reading a book. Dwayne will even stay up after I've gone to bed to finish a book. I fixed my family supper but the kids all had plans and weren't able to come. My sister Judy and I went up to visit Kate for awhile. We all then went back to the house and ate supper and dessert, so my efforts of a meal weren't totally wasted.

Monday: We didn't do much, just relaxed and visited with family. Kate fixed lasagna and a delicious dessert. We watched TV and got rested up for the week ahead.

After a long weekend, it is nice to get back on a schedule. I am grateful for my time with my family and then the opportunity of a job I like and close to home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad I missed the homemade vegetable soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake enjoyed having Dwayne cheer him on at the Kiddie Tractor Pull and was happy to get to sit by you both at the Demolition Derby.
    I to am so glad we stayed over on the side without the mud those people were covered.

    The fair was fun but I am glad it was over Saturday night it can wear a person out.

    ReplyDelete