Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
Dwayne had supper fixed for me and April when we got home from work. He went all out; pork chops, mashed potatoes/gravy, home grown green beans and macaroni and cheese. He even cleaned the kitchen up afterwards. I think I could get used to having a "house husband".
Saturday:
Saturday was my baby's 24th birthday. Happy Birthday, April!!
I had always wanted a little girl. They didn't do ultra sounds way back then. My doctor had told me he thought I was going to have another boy. I had a rough pregnancy this time and the labor was even worse. I remember after hours of pain I didn't care what the baby was, just get it out. To mine and Dwayne's surprise, I had a baby girl! We couldn't believe it! With the boys the doctor would not even let me get my hands out from under the blanket draped over me. This time they laid the baby up on my chest and I got to hold her in the delivery room. Dwayne and I were smiling from ear to ear (him with his face mask on-telling you it must have been the dark ages). When I have time to go through pictures, I will post one of April in the delivery room. She had a smile on her face, also. She would tell you that she was laughing at her parents. My mouth actually hurt the next day from smiling so much. April was the first and only granddaughter on the Elrod side.
Sunday:
April and I went to Zeno's in Rolla for a friend's baby shower. We had a nice lunch and enjoyed visiting with friends we'd not seen in quite some time. Misty received a nice collection of girl's clothing for the new one to be born in November, Layla Paige.
Sunday afternoon, my family hosted an 80th Birthday Party for my mom, Maxine Feeler at Broadway Baptist Church. Mom really enjoyed the day. Of course, my dad added his part to the celebration by doing a jig dance (in a Baptist Church Hall, none the less). It was a wonderful time with family and friends.
Monday:
Since I took off work yesterday, Monday was a part of my extended weekend. I basically did nothing all day but watch TV and read, a very relaxing day off work.
When April got home from work, we went to Maurice's in St. Roberts to shop and then back to
Rolla to eat at one of our favorite places, La Pasada. We had a nice evening enjoying her Birthday.

Once again, my time with family and friends makes me grateful to have the life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment