Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hospice:

We had a meeting today with Hospice.  They explained to Mom and Dad Hospice wasn't just for the terminally ill.  It took awhile, but they agreed to it.  Dad can't continue to take care of Mom like he has been so it's good we'll have some help.
Mom is coming home tomorrow and Hospice will setup a hospital bed for her in the morning.  Talk about fast service.  They also provide a lot of care and equipment we didn't know about.
Judy, Kate and I listened very closely and we're so grateful for the help.

When my Dad was stationed in Hawaii years ago, he sent my Mom a grass skirt and a flower type top.  Very risqué for those days.  Yesterday, Dad took the picture (8x10) to show all the nurses and
the people we saw in the hallway and whoever would listen.  lol  I feel sorry for the poor nurses as they're trying to do their jobs and Dad interrupts them with his many stories.  Sometimes I have to wait going down the hall as Dad talks to everyone.  Mom first started out on this long journey February 28th when she broke her ankle.  SOOOOOOOO, I've heard these stories a lot.  I love my Dad and I love his stories, but sometimes it gets a little old.  Then I remind myself I will miss this one day.
Today, he took the pencil drawing my brother, Wayne made of Mom in the grass skirt (16x18).  We were busy with the meeting and he didn't get to show it to as many people.  I took him to get a haircut, he talked nonstop and had to go get the picture to show them at Great Clips.  The girl that cut Dad's hair was very nice about it.  I'm thankful for the people that have patience to listen to Dad's old family time stories.
The weather is very hot today.  I had planned to wash the porch and a few other chores outdoors but I found a short nap was much better.  Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

I am grateful for this time with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment