Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weekend Update:

Friday:
I came down with another cold so I couldn't take Dad to see Mom.  My niece, MacKensie was out of school for the day so she took him.
Saturday:
Poor Dwayne had to work overtime again.  I pretty much just laid around and watched TV.  Todd came over in the afternoon and a little later, Chad.  I love these visits.  They both asked when Cash would be over again.  They were excited he'd be there the next day.
Sunday:
I went to church and then just watched Dwayne and the boys working in the yard.  April and Cash were at a bridal shower in Vienna and were coming over later.  I fixed baked chicken along with side dishes.  One of the easiest deserts to make is an egg custard pie that you don't need to make a crust for.  My nephew, Troy came over to see what we were doing as there was a lot of smoke from where the guys were burning leaves.  He stayed for supper.  Troy stayed with us a lot when he was younger.  We used to joke that he was our step-child as we had him weekends, summers and holidays.  The six of us used to sit around the table for supper and this was a nice reminder of those days.

Custard Pie:
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
(I add a little bit of cinnamon)
Mix as listed. 
Baked at 350 for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.

We had a good time visiting on the back deck and playing with Cash.  His uncles are sure proud of him.   Uncle Chaddy usually has him most of the time.  He had started up the back stairs and forgot something so he backed down the stairs.  Cash found that to be the funniest thing ever.  So Uncle Chad did this several times and Cash would crack up laughing.  We all enjoyed watching him laugh and play.

Cash and Uncle Chad

Cash with Grandpa
 
I didn't get up to see Mom over the weekend as I still didn't feel the greatest.
Most grateful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment