Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Monday:

Kind of a nice day.  Todd came by for a visit in the morning.  Talked him into moving some flower bushes for me.  I piddled around cleaning out some flower beds.  I love cleaning them out in the Spring but when Summer comes and time to take care of the flowers, I don't do it.  I neglect them mostly.  But, oh to take your bare hands (I know, I should wear gloves as you never know what you might be reaching into) and rake out the leaves and around small shoots of flowers coming out of the ground.  I love that.
Took Dad to see Mom in the afternoon.  The weather was nice so we took her out to the gazebo.  She loved getting to go outside.  The wind picked up and it started getting cooler so we went back inside.  Poor Mom, she is so unhappy there.  (and I don't blame her, I would be too)  Her room is so small with the roommate and furniture.  There is barely enough room to stand to visit.  We can slide in and sit on the bed or stand up.  She's doing good with therapy but still not steady enough on one leg to come home.  She thinks she is coming home soon, but we will have to wait as she can't have any weight on her left foot and ankle for two months total.
Chad and Todd are repainting their bedroom and putting down new floor.  She's pretty excited about that.

Grateful for these days with Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment