Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Dwayne was super excited for deer season starting.  He takes the full week off and that's his vacation every year.  You'd think he was going to the World's Fair!  lol  After he left for deer camp, I went to Dad's so we could go visit Mom in the hospital.  She was doing better but still pretty short of breathe.
Saturday:
April had a hair appointment so I watched Cash.  He's pretty comfortable with our house now and goes straight to his small toy box.  And Mickey Mouse!  As long as Mickey is on, he's in a trance.
Dwayne conveniently came home deer hunting (to see Cash).  Cash always takes Dwayne's hat off and throws it in the floor and they repeat this several times.  Dwayne wears Cabela's crush felt hats.  He has an orange one for deer hunting.  Cash just stared at it but had no interest in playing their game with a orange hat.
Lizzy came over mid-morning.  April came home a little after noon and we had lunch of scrambled eggs and cheese.  When April was little, she loved eggs.  When she would be at Mom's, Mom would ask her how many eggs she wanted.  The answer was always twenty-eleven.  I guess that meant she wanted more than two.  It was cute at the time.  I asked her at lunch if she wanted twenty-eleven eggs and she looked at me like I was crazy.
We had a nice afternoon of visiting.  After April and Cash left, it was time for me and Lizzy to head out to church to work at the Fall Festival.  Lizzy has helped for the last three years.  The ladies just love her and she gets to run a lot of errands.  It was super busy this year and we were worn out when we got done.  But we had a lot of fun.  It's always fun with this group of people.
Home to TV and then off to bed.
Sunday:
Lizzy and I went to church.  Stopped off for frozen coffee on the way home.  As if we needed something cold to drink with it freezing outside and snow coming down!  We received about four inches of snow.  April sent me a picture of Cash's first snow this year.  They got a lot more in St. Elizabeth than we did.
                                      Cash's first snow of 2014
After we got home, we decided to watch a movie.  I fell asleep on the couch so I missed the whole thing.  We had a nice relaxing day of watching it snow and doing not much of anything.  I called Mom and told her I was going to come up but she said the roads were too bad and not to try it.  She said she was feeling better.
I've had a contact stuck in my eye for about four days.  It was really bothering me.  So, as cold as it was, I bundle up and head to Katie's for her to get it out.  Katie said only me would get out in the snow for a contact in the eye.  lol  We did have a good visit though.
One thing I'm not used to doing anymore is filling up the wood furnace.  Kept it going and filled it up before going to bed.  Sad to say, but the fire was out when I got up this morning.  Must have gotten down pretty cold to use all the wood.  Luckily for me this morning, Dwayne came in from deer hunting so he built a fire after I left for work.

I am grateful for family and friends and especially my Mom getting better.

2 comments: