Monday, November 3, 2014

Dad's 90th Birthday:

  

We went to Walnut Grove Saturday to my brother, Russell's house to celebrate my dad's 90th birthday. 
April, Lizzy, Cash and I rode together.  The ride down was great.  Uh, the ride home, not so much.
Cash was tired of riding and he let us know about it.  April said we're leaving him with Grandpa when we go Christmas shopping.  lol
Judy, Shannon; Russ, Mom: April, Cash
Dad
 
Mom, Judy, Russell, Connie, Kate, Dad
Russ & Mom
 
Nathan, Kristin, Me
April and Cash
 
We had a great time celebrating Dad's 90th Birthday.  A couple of our cousins and their wives came down.  Paul and Adra Spencer of Rolla, Dad's nephew; Otis and Donna Williams of St. James, Mom's nephew.
After leaving Russ's, we went to Springfield to do a little shopping.  I now have most of my Christmas shopping done.  That's a first for me in quite a few years.
We came home and Cash and Grandpa got to visit.  Dwayne is pure mush when Cash is around.
Sunday:
Dwayne and I seldom get any time to be together.  With his work schedule and then working on the farm on weekends, we don't take the time for just us.  We went to Jefferson City and ate at Red Lobster then to Menard's to pick out the color of shingles we need to put on the house.  What, we need shingles already?  Dwayne, "Connie, we built the house in 1988, it's time for a new roof".  Wow, it's been that long already?!  We still refer to it as the new house.  Uh, need to quit doing that as it's been 26 years since we built the new house.  We had fun dreaming of updates we could (wish to) do to the house.  Brings back a lot of memories of when we built the house.  We had fun (really) even with three kids to care of at the time.  It was an adventure for them, also.  And the cost!!  Wow, we should have bought extra shingles in 1988 to save!!  lol
 
I am so grateful for my family and especially my Dad's 90th birthday which will be this week on the 6th.  I am so grateful to still have him in my life.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment