Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Chad stopped by for a visit.  I always love any time spent with my kids.
Zach came over to spend the night.  We were going to go to Sput's for awhile to hopefully catch up with some friends and visit.  Unfortunately, none of our friend were there and people we didn't know, so we didn't stay long.  Headed into Rolla to Dairy Queen for ice cream and then home to watch TV.
Zach is now fifteen and has his permit.  We let him drive all evening.  He did really well and has good control of the vehicle. 
Saturday:
Dwayne and Zach spent the morning working in the yard and I cooked my dishes to take to the Elrod Reunion.  I made from scratch banana pudding.  I think I like the instant just as well if not better.
April was going to come over to go with us but called saying she didn't feel well and was just going to stay home and rest.  She had an episode at work Friday of almost passing out.  Hopefully, everything with her and the baby are okay.  She's sees her doctor tomorrow and the high risk doctor next Monday.  They monitor her very closely so I think if anything comes up, they will be on top of it.
Todd came over and we set out for the reunion.  Once again, Zach drove.  I think he was getting tired as he hadn't drove that far before and didn't think we would ever get there.
We had a great time and fell in love with Andy's little girl, Chansyn.  She is such a friendly little girl; going up to everyone and having them pick her up.  Never sees a stranger and is just full of smiles and giggles.  This is David's first granddaughter so he is pretty excited.
After the reunion, Dwayne, Todd and Zach left to stack brush and have a wiener roast.  I went to St. Elizabeth to check on April.  She looked a little pale but had rested all day and was feeling better.
I stopped by Mom and Dad's on the way home.  They had been sick all week but doing much better.
Sunday:
I went to Sunday School and Church.  Our new pastor started today.  She is young and energetic and has lots of plans with the younger congregation.  Hopefully, this change is good for our church.
When I got home from church, I told Dwayne I would help in the yard.  I watered some flowers, washed off the porch and that was the extent of my work.  I then read for awhile and took a nice long nap.  Dwayne barbecued ribs for supper and they were delicious. 
Mike, Susan and their grand kids came down for a visit.  They are so cute and I just love seeing them; reminds me of when we used to visit back and forth when our kids were little.  My camera is broke so I wasn't able to get any pictures.  They climbed the crooked tree in our front yard and it would have made for a wonderful picture.  Evan found a "golden" car in the box of toys and was very excited.  Carrie had mentioned the golden was Evan's favorite color, not yellow, not gold, but golden.  Kids are so cute with the things they come up with.  Avery is getting so big and starts first grade in the fall.  Ellie is a little mini version of Carrie when she was that age. (Only Ellie talks more than Carrie did)
(picture borrowed from Carrie's site)
 
The weekend was a mixture of visiting with family and friends.  I am grateful for times like these.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some cute kiddos you saw this weekend ;). I am glad they got to see the Cowboy and the Cowboy's wife!

    ReplyDelete