Thursday, June 16, 2011

The other side:

I've posted pictures of the pig roast at the lake. Last night, I took the opportunity to take pictures from the other side. Sounds kind of like a horror movie title. lol
When the kids were growing up, we always went with Dwayne to haul equipment, bid on a job, just anywhere we went as a family. After the kids left home, I just stay home and be an "old lady". Dwayne was taking the tractor to Vichy to start the haying season last night and asked if I wanted to ride along. It was so nice out, I thought, why not? So, I grabbed the book I was reading and away we went.
First, trip to Vienna to fill up the truck, tractor and two gas cans. Do I want to see the total of that bill? Probably not! Until next January when I get the farm receipts together for taxes, it's not as much of a shock then. Sun Drop for me and a lottery ticket and then off for phase two of the evening. Unloading the tractor at the land in Vichy. Even though the kids aren't around to open the gate, I still didn't have to, Dwayne did the honor!! lol Told you I was getting to be an old lady... The view from the highway side of the lake is so pretty and especially in the evening with the sun reflected on the water. I wish I could pick up the lake and drop it in our back yard. It would be so nice to sit on the deck and watch the geese flying in and just the serenity of the scene. Oh, well, I can always go over and enjoy.
It took Dwayne quite awhile to get the haybine hooked up to the tractor and get ready to start in the evening. I got in a lot of reading time, enjoyed watching the cows and being out of the house.
We finished the evening off by stopping at Sput's for a hamburger on the way home. (nine o'clock, farm time supper)
I was so glad I didn't just stay at home and got out of the house. It was a nice evening.




Dwayne loves driving the tractor he got from his Dad:

In action:

Happy Cows?/The one on the left doesn't look too happy:
(Of course, he could be saying, "Dwayne, you're interfering with our supper")


The sun was setting by the time we left:

No comments:

Post a Comment