Friday, June 24, 2011

Kids/Ice Cream Cones:

Dwayne and I went to St. Elizabeth last night to visit April and Mike, aka the kids.
Truth be told, we were kind of missing her a little bit. (but don't tell her.......) lol

The old fashioned part of me didn't want to show up empty handed so we stopped and bought ice cream and cones to take.

Dwayne took over a shelf April had left at the house and hung it up in the garage for her.
I love the small town atmosphere and how families are gathered outside visiting, people walking around town, riding bikes, etc. It seems like we are stuck in such a rut of going home, eating, watching TV, going to bed. I sometimes wonder if we lived in town we would get out more. Dwayne probably wouldn't as he is so tired in the evenings but I think I would enjoy getting out for a walk and seeing other people. On the other hand, I would not want to move. I love our house and the memories of our family growing up there. I guess when I feel the need to be in town, I can always walk around Vienna or go visit April and Mike.

I am grateful for our kids and the bond we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment