Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Sunday:

Chad, Todd, April and Mike:
We had our annual Elrod/Feeler Easter Dinner on Sunday. Dwayne and I started the tradition of combining both our families in 1988 after we built the upstairs to our house. It has worked out nice for our families throughout the years. We have watched one generation of kids grow into adulthood, the second set of kids starting to enter the teen years, with just a few under the age of five. We need a new "crop" of kids. lol We don't think of our families as being separate, the nieces and nephews on Dwayne's side of the family call my Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, my sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles. The same with my family towards the Elrods. David is Uncle David and Dwayne's parents were, Grandma Dodie and Grandpa Andy. (Oh, how we miss them!!) My family grieved for my in-laws along with the rest of us when they passed away. (Dodie in 2003, Andy in 2007)
We supply the meat and a few side dishes along with everyone bringing in a covered dish. We have had as many as 48 people. There is always a combination of great desserts to choose from. This year the favorite was cake balls.
A few years ago, I retired from being in charge of the egg hunt and turned it over to the younger people. It is too hard (at least for me it seems to be) to take care of the kitchen duties and see to hiding the eggs. I like that I can sit back and watch the kids.
The rain put a damper on the afternoon, but the kids managed to hunt eggs despite the weather.
My poor little great nephew, Kaden, got hurt on my treadmill. I never thought to go downstairs and remove the key from the treadmill. That will be first on my list next time we have kids down.
Kristin, Kate, Pauley, his kids, Ashlyne and I paid Liverpool Rummy. It is/was a tradition in the Elrod family to play cards any time we got together. The memories we have had through the years..... Funny, even now playing cards, we refer to Grandma Dodie and Grandpa Andy a lot and remembering things they would say during a game.
I was sooooooooo tired after everyone left. I watched TV for awhile and fell asleep on the couch.

I am so grateful for the blending of mine and Dwayne's families.

Chad, Todd, April, Mike and Desmon:
Desmon counting his eggs:
Desmon:
Kaden with his burnt arm:
Kaden:
Kaden hiding under the desk:
My brother, Wayne:
Kate, Pauley and Wayne's wife, Bobbi:
My sister, Kate and her friend, Pauley:
Momma, relaxing after a busy day:
Dad, no doubt telling one of his stories:

April and Mike:
Cody Elrod:
Andy Elrod and girlfriend:
Tyler Birdsong:

No comments:

Post a Comment