Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 19, 1957-2011

Then:
I was born to wonderful parents, Arch and Maxine (Williams) Feeler. I was the fourth born child. There is quite a story to my birth. (and if any of you know my Dad, the whole story telling process is a long one). My Mom went into labor on Friday, April 19th of 1957. Late at night Dad was taking Mom to Vienna to Dr. Howard's Clinic. On the way, they had a flat tire. Dad stopped at a neighbor's (Wilbur Ragan) house to get a spare. Wilbur asked where they were going so late at night. Dad told him they were going to Vienna to get a bull calf. The next day Wilbur asked my Dad if he got the bull calf and he said, "No, I got a heifer (be nice here people, he meant a female, not that I would grow up to be a heifer!!) instead. Wilbur did not know they had a baby and was confused as to why Dad would go to buy a bull and buy a heifer instead. Dad then told him about me. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I guess now if Dwayne refers to me as "an old heifer", he would be telling the truth. lol
April 19, 2011Now:

Chad and Todd:
April and Dwayne:
My "birth day" got even better as the day went on. I love spending time with my kids and it's not always possible to get all three there in the middle of the week at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised to see Chad, Todd and April at the house when I got home from work. Dwayne had stopped and picked up my favorite ice cream on his way home from work, butter pecan. I couldn't have asked for a better day of celebration.

After the kids left, I went to visit Mom and Dad. I tried to take a picture of me, Mom and Dad together with my camera. Whoops! Guess we have to piece it together......
The Parents, Mr. Perfect and Mrs. Wonderful:


I am very grateful for the life I've been given.

3 comments:

  1. You are your father's child. I believe you have already told your birth story on here. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have. Where do you think I copied it from? lol The beginning of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great birthday day!

    ReplyDelete