Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Weekend:

A whole week has passed and I haven't had time to blog until now. Still not sure I have the time, but I'm taking it.
Friday New Year's Eve:
Dwayne and a guy he works with went over to April and Mike's to paint. I was going to fix lasagne and go over later. We had a storm and the electric went off. So, I pack up everything to fix lasagne with and head over to St. Elizabeth. Dwayne, John, April and Mike were busy painting and doing odd jobs. We had lasagne mid- afternoon along with salad, corn and french bread. It turned out pretty good if I say so myself...
We went home and watched TV. We were in bed by 8:30 and I was almost asleep when my Mom called to tell me of the tornado that touched down earlier and all of the damage it had done. A friend of mine, Ethel Price died along with her good friend who was visiting. Other neighbors, Faye and Charles Grisham lost their home and their son's. They were very lucky as their homes were demolished and they barely escaped without injury. It was hard to sleep sound, I kept waking up off and on thinking about Ethel.
Saturday:
Todd came over and rode with me to April's. Todd painted doors and helped to paint the spare bedroom. April fixed chili and grilled cheese for lunch. It was very good. Later in the day, I decide to paint the utility room. I'm painting away and all of a sudden, I buckle and completly go down (along with scraping the wall of fresh paint with my body). I didn't know what happened, it felt like something hit me in the back of the leg below my knee. I couldn't put any weight on my right leg and it hurt alot. I had Todd drive my truck home and I rode with Dwayne. I tried the heating pad on my leg and that helped. Then Dwayne tried rubbing my leg as I thought I must have pulled a muscle or just had a really bad charlie horse that wouldn't go away. I slept good, as long as I didn't move my leg, it didn't hurt.
Well, that's it for now as John just said to shut our computers down, we're going home. So until next week.................

No comments:

Post a Comment