Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
We offered to watch the boys for a few hours so Kenny and Shelley could have a night out. Liz (Little Bits) came over for a couple hours, also.
April and I had saw a project for squid worms-cutting hot dogs in pieces and sticking raw spaghetti noodles in for arms, legs, etc. and then boiling them. I don't think Blake and Liz thought it was near as neat as the picture we had. I will post pictures after April loads them. (Guess I'm going to have to learn how to do that!!)

Nathan was starting to get a little fussy and didn't really know what he wanted. We gave him apple juice, then water but still he wasn't satisfied. Dwayne filled his cup with milk and that did the trick. As a matter of fact, we wondered just what was in that milk as he got really wound up. lol He was so much fun to watch as he would climb on the couch, get down, do it again and then do a nose dive onto the cushion and then blowing a raspberry. So cute!!
Blake had fun playing with Liz and spending time with "his April".
Saturday:
I spent the day cleaning. I have put off cleaning the upstairs bedrooms for quite some time, so I did a thorough job of cleaning and vacuuming the stairs. Felt really good to get that done.
Red Lobster:

Dwayne and I got lured in by the Red Lobster commercials for lobster and decided to drive to Jefferson City. My lobster was very good. Dwayne had a different type of lobster with a steak and his wasn't the greatest. But we had a nice evening and a different place to go.
Dwayne was so fortunate to be able to go to the mall with me......... Mall shopping is not his cup of tea. We are looking for a new refrigerator and decided to see what was in stock at Sears. The salesman was very pushy and we didn't see what we wanted anyway.
We then looked at Lowe's and found one we will order online. Then on to Target to finish up Mom's Christmas shopping for her.
Overall, we had a great evening out together.
Sunday:
April and I went to church and then to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom had the dinner prepared before she went to church again!! We had beef stew, green beans, cooked cabbage, french bread, apple & orange slices, cake, peaches, and banana bread. What a feast!!
Ashlyne came home with us and helped putting pictures in photo albums for Chad and Todd. I loved recapturing their childhood again through pictures. I miss those days!!
I took a nap and probably shouldn't have, I was even more tired after I got up.
My Sunday evening meal consisted of barbecue chicken, hash brown casserole, corn and milk shakes for dessert. After eating and watching Extreme Makeover, Home Edition, I took Ashlyne home. She was a big help on getting last minute things done.

Once again, I am grateful (and amazed) by my Mom and Dad and how good they are doing for their age. My family has been very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I think Mat and Dwayne are the same when it comes to shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete