Thursday, May 13, 2010

Prissy Nerd??

I don't know if there is such a stereo type as prissy nerd but if there is, I am definitely one!!
I grew up on a farm, had dogs as pets, helped my Dad feed and take care of the pigs, went with my Dad on most of his farm chores. (and believe me, when you step into a pigpen you are going to get pig crap all over you) So when did I become such a namby-pamby about animals?! I like them, they're okay, just don't want any animals to lick me or touch me. They're fine, but at a distance.

So now to the prissy nerd me: (The Culprit )
Last night I was talking to my sister Kate on the cell phone and stepped out the front door to sit on the porch. As I went through the door I felt something land on my head, I reached up and there was a small frog in my hair and it peed on me!! I then had frog pee on my hand and in my hair. Of course, when Kate hears me squeal she wanted to know what was wrong. Boy did she like to tease me about the frog pee!! When I got off the phone, I immediately went and took a shower.

Now I can clean up baby spit, puke, crap and whatever ailments my kids had in their growing up years, but I can't take a little animal residue!! To all of you animal lovers out there, I applaud you!! I used to be one, too but for some reason (maybe age, as you get older you can claim age as a reason for a lot of things!) I'm just not into animals anymore.
And get this, I WORK FOR A DOG FOOD COMPANY!! How is that for karma?
We actually get dog poop specimens in the mail or by UPS. No kidding!! When I first started working I had to sign for a package from UPS. Alan, the salesman said, "you do know you're signing for a package of dog shit, don't you?" I'm like, yeah, sure, whatever! And it was!! If people have a problem with their dog's food or health, they sometimes send in dog poop for us to have analyzed to see what the problem is.
Never in a million years would I have thought I would sign for a package of poop!!
Moral of the story, packages at work are like a box of chocolates, never know what ya gonna find.

No comments:

Post a Comment