Friday, August 21, 2009


Wow! Who knew starting a blog would be so hard!! Actually, April set it all up for me but I had to figure out how to type on it all by myself!!

I want to start a journal of my life happenings and what better way to record than on a personal blog.

To start out, I am very grateful for my family. My first post will be about my maternal family.
I was born to wonderful parents, Arch and Maxine (Williams) Feeler. I was the fourth born child. There is quite a story to my birth. (and if any of you know my Dad, the whole story telling process is a long one). My Mom went into labor on Friday, April 19th of 1957. Late at night Dad was taking Mom to Vienna to Dr. Howard's Clinic. On the way, they had a flat tire. Dad stopped at a neighbor's (Wilbur Ragan) house to get a spare. Wilbur asked where they were going so late at night. Dad told him they were going to Vienna to get a bull calf. The next day Wilbur asked my Dad if he got the bull calf and he said, "No, I got a heifer (be nice here people, he meant a female, not that I would grow up to be a heifer!!) instead. Wilbur did not know they had a baby and was confused as to why Dad would go to buy a bull and buy a heifer instead. Dad then told him about me.
My brother Mark was born a couple years before me. He had a heart condition and only lived two months. He was what people used to call a "blue baby". Mom was so worried the whole time she was pregnant something would be wrong with this baby. Mom said when they were leaving the doctors office, she peeked at me from the front seat and said, "Oh no, Arch, we have another blue baby!" Fortunately for Mom and Dad (and me), they had a blue blanket over me and with the sun shining in it cast a blue shadow on me.
As a little girl I was always told I was a special child. (due to Mom and Dad being so relieved their child was healthy). I believed I was. Little did I know when I started school I was not any more special than all of my classmates!! What a rude awakening!!
I am so fortunate to have grown up in a loving, christian home. I am close to all of my siblings. I do not remember their age or year of birth, but I do know the year each one graduated.
Wayne Edward Feeler Year Graduated: 1965
Judith Ellen (Rowe)Akridge..................... 1967
Russell Doyle Feeler.................................. 1969
Vernon Mark Feeler (born and died 1955)
Mary Kaye (Birdsong)Feeler................... 1987
Well, that is a beginning to the grateful life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment