Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update:

What a wonderful weekend.
Friday night I was to go to a movie with my sister, fell asleep on the couch around 8 p.m. and did not go. What a wimp I am!

Saturday was spent with my great-niece Ashlyne helping me wash windows. In the afternoon my nephew, R. J. came down to visit with his 11 month old, Bradley. While he was there my Mom and Dad came down to visit. We had a good time watching Bradley and visiting. In the evening I went to the movies with my sister, Kate. We watched the Time Traveler's Wife. It was okay but not as good as I expected, but a nice evening out with my sister.

Sunday, Dwayne and I went to church and then to visit Maxine Workman. Her family had a 80th Birthday Party for her on Saturday but we were not able to attend. We had a very nice visit with Maxine and her daughter, Pat. We shared favorite memories of growing up together. Pat and I were even baptised on the same day at a church in Rolla when we were younger. Pat has moved home from NV to take care of her Mom. Late in the afternoon we had a barbeque and enjoyed visiting with family. The family there was Todd, April and Mike, Mom and Dad and my sister Kate. Chad was horseback riding and couldn't make it. It takes alot to keep Chad from riding horses. I think he was born in the wrong era. I made homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert, one of my family's favorites. April asked me why I was making them as I usually only make them for someone else as a gift or to take to dinners and the family only gets the leftover end pieces of dough in a small pan. So it was a "treat" for my family for me to actually make a full pan.

The weekend was what weekends are for; family, food, friends, visiting, relaxing. Another reason I am very grateful for the life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment