Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
April and I both had the afternoon off.  She met me in Vienna and we went to St. Roberts with the intent of going to the Other Mother's Store.  We couldn't find it so I stopped at (of all places) an urgent care center and went in to ask for directions.  At first they didn't know what I was talking about as I was asking directions to the Old Mother's Store!!  lol  Don't know why that came out of my mouth!  After them not knowing anything about an Old Mother's Store, I realized I needed to ask about Other Mother's Store.......  Talk about embarrassing!!  Unfortunately, the store had closed but they visited with me and told me I would have loved it and one lady's daughter bought a lot of used baby items there.  We had a nice visit while April waited patiently out in the car.  I do love to talk!
They did tell me there is an Other Mother's Store in Springfield and about another thrift shop there also.  April and I are getting into this thrift shopping so AFTER the baby is born, I think we will try going there.  We did very good at a thrift shop in Manchester a couple weeks ago. 
Dwayne had a sleep study scheduled Friday night so we didn't go to the fair.  Nathan came over and spent the night.  I had rented a movie Impossible to watch.  It was based on a true story about the tsunami.  Such a touching story and miraculous that this family was all reunited.  After Dwayne left, Nathan and I had hot chocolate with caramel syrup (very good) along with a snack while we watched one of his favorite shows.
Saturday:
We went to the parade.  Most of the family was there.  Katie had all three of her grand kids there and it was fun to watch them.  April came to the parade and then on over to the house.  She had been craving Maid-Rites, so we went to Rolla to eat.  Must not have been a good day as the Maid-Rites were all dried out and didn't have much flavor.
We went to a children's thrift store and April found a nice stroller for a very reasonable price.  I think thrifting is our new hobby.
That evening, Dwayne and I headed to the fair.  I think we go more for eating a good pork steak than anything else.  We went to see the fair exhibits.  I was talking to some people I hadn't seen in a long time and I look up and Dwayne is rolling this wagon with a HUGE watermelon in it.  He said he was taking it to the car.  I thought he was nuts! and just pretending to take the watermelon.  No, he was serious!!!  I don't know his first name, but his watermelon was the winner and belonged to a Buschman.  He gave it to Dwayne.  As I was leaving the building, I ran into Diane and Gene Helton coming in to see the huge watermelon they had been seeing growing along the road every day.  Whoops, too late as Dwayne was gone with it.
We watched the demolition derby with the Allen boys.  Nathan told me I needed a hair cut.  lol  Not sure why he thought that.  We called it an early night and went home.
Sunday:
I went to church and then home to start on side dishes for the kids coming over for supper.  But a nap won out first!!  Todd barbecued pork steaks; he does a good job.  We had Chad, Desmon, Todd, Tim, April and Mike for the evening.  It was so funny as we were eating, Tim said he hadn't seen April for awhile and wanted to see how big she was getting.  He said, I thought I would tell April she was getting huge but I figured she knew more than anyone how big she was getting!!  Way to go Tim, she was sitting across the table from you to hear.  We all got a big laugh out of that.
After eating, Dwayne sent Tim down to get the 110 pound watermelon.


We weren't sure how good it would be since it was so large.  It had a good flavor but seemed to be a bit stringy inside.  Later, Dwayne, Todd and Mike went around the neighborhood giving watermelon away.  We had a nice visit with our family.
Monday:
Not too much of a productive day.  Dwayne finished up with his work and I took a nap.  It was nice to have a day just relaxing.
 
I am grateful for family and the times we have together.
 

2 comments:

  1. Connie - I think Maid-Rite is on the way out because the last time I was in Rolla I had the worst meal there -- white hamburger, micro-waved bun and absolutely no flavor. I was so sorry and then our dau. (you know from church) was there with her family and the same thing. Now you have given your review. Unfortunately I don't think you experienced a "bad day" there; we think they are on their way out! K.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be. I so miss when Paul ran it. He was always out about visiting with the customers. I have not seen his son even in at Maid-Rites.
    Sad, we have a lot of fond memories taking our kids there I the past.

    ReplyDelete