Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nonna Shirt/Cousin Party:

I had lost my "Nonna" shirt Blake and Nathan got me for Christmas last year.  I searched everywhere, even wondered if I had left it at April's.  A couple weeks ago I was cleaning my closet and getting Dwayne's winter shirts down and there it was with them!  I'm not sure if I put it there or it just got mixed up with the clothes.  Whatever, I was glad to have found it.
I wore it to Mom's on the 29th of September to our "Cousin Party".  Kind of bittersweet this year as usually the cousin party is at the same time as Molasses Makin and the cane dried up this year and the guys weren't able to make molasses.  We still had a good time and there were plenty of little boys there this year.
We had kept Blake and Nathan overnight and after Dwayne making our chocolate chip pancakes, the boys went with him to Chad's to pick up the flatbed trailer to take to Mom's for the dinner.  I made blackberry cobbler and headed on up.

Quite a crew playing on the tractor.  Blake, Lizzy holding Kaden, Gavin and Desmon.
The kids took turns on the swing, playing on the tractor and just good old fashioned fun.
 
Zach & Kaden

Gavin
 
Dwayne & Kaleb
Kaleb loves his Uncle Dwayne and reaches for him every times he goes by.
We also celebrated Kaleb's 1st Birthday a little early, his birthday was October 3rd.
Dwayne always takes the kids on a hayride in the evening.  We were able to to leave early this year as they didn't have to clean up after molasses, so we left around five.
Our friend, Carol brought her grandson Dacoda over to ride too.  Chad, Dustin, Michael, Wayne, Tess,  and Ashlyne all rode horse.
Kayla's kids got to take a turn on the horses for awhile.
Chad and Mariah
 
                          Chad and Brighton

We had a fun weekend and I am grateful for time spent with family.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment